Monday, September 7, 2015

American Traditional

The first tattoo style that I am going to discuss in this blog is Traditional! These tattoos are known for their color pallet, clean lines, and bold black outlines! This was actually one of the first couple tattoo styles to come about. This started when tattoo artist had a portfolio of flash tattoos to keep up with demand of people wanting tattoos. Flash tattoos were predrawn up images that clients could pick from and get without hassle (Some artist and tattoo shops still do these to this day). This was to let artist keep up since everyone always had new tattoo designs they wanted which took a lot more time to draw, make, and tattoo. American Traditional can also be distinguished by its specific imagery back then with its pin ups, patriotic symbols such as the American flag and eagle, and other designs. These designs are simple and gave the artist more opportunities to help more clients when this first came about. These days American Traditional has changed slightly. The most common tattoos in this category and style are roses, skulls, daggers, panthers, patriotic symbols, pin ups, and other images. This tattoo style can be seen from a distance without trouble of knowing what it is or having too much detail. With this post I have included some American traditional tattoos!

8 comments :

  1. I LOVE American Traditional tattoos. My favorite parts of tattoos is the color pallet, so that's why I love these. Also, they're pretty simple. They get right to the point and are easy to read from far away.
    I'm thinking about getting one in this style to cover up a tattoo I got a few years back. I think it will be easiest to use the large blocks of color to cover up what I currently have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca! I'm glad you like American traditional! I think American traditional would be a great choice for you to cover your tattoo up! These tattoos are usually more saturated and easily can cover up old tattoos!

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing this post and was excited to read it! i am not the biggest fan of American Traditional tattoos, but love the history and the way tattoos have evolved since they first started!! But I've watched my fair share of Ink Master and have grown fonder of this style because of the variety I have seen!! Love to see what people can express on their bodies through this form of art!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany, I'm super glad you're excited to be reading my blog! :-) I am in the same boat as you.. I really am not a "huge" fan of American Traditional! I am an Ink Master fan also! Expressing yourself through art is one of the best things, especially when you're not artistic (like me!)

      Delete
  3. I think it is really interesting reading about how tattoos have developed style wise because my knowledge of tattoos is so limited! I do however love watching shows about tattoos because I think the designs and styles shown are fascinating so would love to gain more insight on the history. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey, thanks for reading! Tattoos have developed even in the last 5 years so much. Stylist are always coming up with new techniques and ways to outdo themselves!

      Delete
  4. Those look tattoos from Freedom Ink next to Avanti's off Sterling in Peoria. I don't have any American Traditional tattoos, but that's where I got my tattoos done at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathan, These are not from Freedom Ink! I am very fond of Freedom Ink though, my tattoo artist at American Inkwell actually mentored some of the tattoo artist at Freedom Ink! I absolutely love looking at Tim Beck's tattoos! He is super into American traditional and patriotic symbols and is a phenomenal tattoo artist!

      Delete