Sunday, October 25, 2015

Watercolor

Yet again, one of my favorite tattoo styles is what we will be talking about today! Watercolor tattooing is a fairly new technique, and one that literally reinvents an art form. Watercoloring creates a more vibrant, and even saturated coloring, compared to traditional tattooing. This watercolor effect is thought out and deliberate and not a chaotic process that someone may think comes with a watercolor TATTOO. This tattoo styles is all about deliberate fading, splashed, and spots. These tattoos tend to be more color than black and white, but you do see your occasional black and white watercolor tattoo. Another effect some watercolor tattoos have in them is this "painting outside the lines" look. The "watercolor" in the tattoo looks like it had bled over and it coming off the image (my favorite). I have included some examples below, I hope you enjoy :-) thanks for reading!

5 comments :

  1. Hey Paige!

    I didn't even know this tattoo technique existed - it's gorgeous! I think someone can put a unique twist on the overdone tattoo ideas, like baby feet, anchors or animals. Thanks for sharing such cool examples - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily- I'm glad you enjoyed this post! It is a unique way to make "unoriginal" tattoos original again! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Emily--I've never seen tattoos like this! I'm amazed at how it actually looks like a watercolor painting. I love all of the bright colors. I'm sure it must take a lot of talent and practice to perfect this technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline- Thanks for reading! I'm glad I can show people the different techniques and styles of tattoos that can be quite beautiful and feminine. This style does take a lot of talent, but tattoo artists are overly talented. I wish I could produce a quarter of the artistry they can do! Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE watercolor tattoos. I've wanted one for so long but actually have no idea what I would get. They are so much fun! Thanks for reminding me of these.. now I'm gonna go spend hours looking at tattoos on Pinterest...

    ReplyDelete