Monday, October 19, 2015

Trash Polka

This will be my favorite post I will write thus far. Trash Polka is one of my favorite tattoo styles to search and look at, as I plan for this to be my next piece. Haven't heard of Trash Polka? Well you aren't the only one.. Trash Polka is a relatively new style of tattoo that originates in Germany. The style resembles collages that combines realistic images with smears, smudges, and moving designs that generate a discordant, chaotic look to the piece. Trash Polka pieces are ONLY done in red or black ink. According to the original artist who came up with this style, Volko, said this style is a combination of “realism and trash; the nature and the abstract; technology and humanity; past, present, and future; opposites that they are trying to urge into a creative dance to harmony and rhythm in tune with the body”. These designs sometimes include words. To me, these are the most interesting tattoos out there right now since they are just now coming up in the United States. I have included some tattoos samples below, Thanks for reading!

3 comments :

  1. These are really cool looking. I've seen them, but never knew they were a specific style. I love tattoos so much. I'm so poor, though, and the last one I had I got so long ago that I don't know if I could handle the paid again. Hahah someday I'll suck it up, especially since I hate the one I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca- I'm glad someone has seen these tattoos! I only learned about this style a year or two ago. What is your tattoo that you have that you hate? You should look into a cover up! Thanks for reading, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen these tattoos, but man are they super cool! I absolutely love the contrast seen within each piece. The artistry in these tattoos speaks for itself. I am definitely interested in these tattoos and will be looking for more in the years to come. I might even add one to my wish list of tattoos.

    ReplyDelete