Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Japanese

Koi fish. Cherry Blossoms. Dragons. This is a rich tattoo style with a deep history, and it's been in popular demand for quite some time. The designs are very flat — two-dimensional, almost like a textile. They can also be done in full color or black and gray. Japanese themed tattoos frequently using Koi fish, cherry blossoms, Buddha, lotus, dragon’s, war dogs, samurai’s or geisha’s are used in combination to tell a story as well as create a piece of timeless art. This type of tattoo is frequently very meticulous. This is a tattoo style that could cover the entire body. The work is prudently planned out ahead of time before the work on any part of the body begins. I have included some photos below! Enjoy!

2 comments :

  1. I think the Cherry Blossom is beautiful! Although I am way too afraid of needles to get a tattoo I definitely love that design! It have a very elegant look to it and could stand for many different things to bring more meaning into a tattoo. The other designs look cool as well, just not what I would be as interested in!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer- Cherry Blossom's are one of my favorite Japanese tattoos! I consider it feminine and elegant due to its long shape that can hug a woman's body and stand out with dainty flowers. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete