Monday, September 28, 2015

Portrait

Portrait tattoos are one of my favorites. This certain style is my favorite because A tattoo artist has to be extremely skilled in his field to be able to convey a person’s likeness on another persons skin. Some of these tattoos are meant to show love, admiration, loss or birth. Portraits are often created using fine line and photo realism tattoo style (both of those styles will have a future blog post about them!). Choose your artist carefully, a photo realistic tattoo takes a high level of skill and talent. Anyone who has looked at portrait tattoos know the majority of these tattoos are the person's loved ones gone wrong. Without a tattoo expertise these portraits end up looking like zombies. These tattoos can range from loved ones to pets, black and grey or color. I have included some portrait tattoos below, I tried to chose some familiar faces!

3 comments :

  1. I'll be the first to admit I'm completely square, and not a fan of tattoos. The portrait work that some artist do is amazing, though! I used to watch Miami Ink and was fascinated by their level of detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi- This is why I love tattoos.. You don't have to be a fan of them to appreciate them and the work these artist do. I wish I could draw half as well as they can tattoo. The detail of portraits, like you said, is impeccable and mind blowing. Some tattoos look unbelievably real.. Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  2. I've seen a lot of terrible portraits; it's rare to see so many great looking ones to be honest. Corey Taylor has portraits of Heath's Joker and Paul Gray.

    Joker
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5e/9e/f8/5e9ef8ef12353a81f551b31a5043b3fc.jpg

    Paul
    http://www.slipknot-metal.com/images/tattoos/coreytat12.jpg

    ReplyDelete